Saturday, January 15, 2011

A week in the life of the Watkins


Monday- worked
Tuesday- worked

Wednesday -was supposed to go to lunch with my friend but bailed out on her. (I'm feeling a little guilty.) Instead I cleaned house and did some grocery shopping. When I got home Chris had made me a delicious sandwich. It was gooood, all that was missing was the avocado. We didn't have any ripe ones. DARN. I also made sure the kids finished all their weekly homework on Wed. so we could go to Disneyland on Thursday.

Thursday- Go to Disneyland. Cameron and Tyler were acting like bozo kids and as we got through the entrance I got a feeling to remind them if they lose us at the park to find a Disneyland worker (a lady worker) to help you. All was going great until we go to Tarzan's tree house. The boys went together and Mikaela, Chris and I waited for them at the exit. Time went by, we saw Cameron coming towards the exit and then went back to play with the rope swing. Tyler did the same. We weren't worried because we saw both boys together. A few minutes later, Cameron comes out wondering where Tyler was...and the search began. I stayed put with Mikaela. Chris went up the tree one way and Cameron went the other way. There was no Tyler to be found. I was getting a little worried, but not too much because I kept telling myself "it's the happiest place on Earth, bad things don't happen here." Then another thought came into my head..."I've heard there are ALOT of sexual predators that live around the Disneyland area." I tried not to panic yet. I send Chris to the lost parents area to find Tyler, I stay put with the other 2 kids and wait to see if Tyler appears. I ask Cameron to keep his eyes peeled for Tyler. He did just that. About 2 minutes later Cameron spots Tyler walking with a lady worker. Tyler with a churro in hand. Poor Tyler, I could tell he was scared and had crying. I grab him and hold him and don't know if I want to kiss him or kill him. He apparently walked out of Tarzan's tree house without even seeing us and started walking towards the Haunted Mansion he stopped at the churro cart because a lady was working there and she brought him safely back to the last place he had been. I gave the lady a big hug and a few more kisses to Tyler, I called daddy and everything was the way it should be. whew! Don't need to ever do that again. We enjoyed the rest of our evening and bonus! Tyler was finally tall enough to go on the Indiana Jones ride. Yay!

Friday-made yummy tacos with black beans on the side.


This is how I kept the kids busy so I could make dinner. Hee hee.


Streaming Dora videos and xbox 360 can be mom's little helper.

Saturday- new neighbors arrive. Chris and I show them around the property and get to know our new neighbors. So far they seem like a normal couple.
I give Chris a much needed haircut and later we go to the Fullerton Arboretum to enjoy the most beautiful day in So. California in mid January.







That's about it for this week.

2 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

Losing a child a Disneyland is one of my biggest fears! I'm glad you found him and he got a churro! Other then that it sounds like a fun busy week. We miss you guys. Let's get together soon!

Pam Garner said...

I had to laugh about xbox movies and laptop for entertainment while you made dinner, it looked familiar. I have to say, it certainly can make dinner preparation a little easier. Being a mother today has it's advantages.

Wish we lived closer to Disney. Loved the weekly update.