Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weekend get away





Chris and I finally took a weekend off from our parental duties. My wonderful mom came to our house while Chris and I enjoyed a nice hotel a few miles away in Anaheim. We stayed at Disney's paradise pier. Since we have Disneyland annual passports we got to go to Disneyland by ourselves and enjoy a "magical morning." We got into Disneyland 1 hour before regular opening hours. We took advantage and rode Space Mountain 2 times with less than 10 minute waiting times. It was great.
We needed this get-away for a long time.
We ate at the FABULOUS Napa Rose at the Grand Disney Hotel. OMGoodness it was delicious! We had delicious appetizers and the salad I had was to die for. Full of crunchy goodness. oh and I could go on about the soup. It was a lentil base with bacon and shrimp. mmmmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Chris had the most delicious pork chop ever. Our compliments to the chefs. All I can say if you have a few dollars to spare and want to eat at a great restaurant you gotta eat here. We were dressed to the nines and we ate like pigs, (civilized oinkers at least). If I was shameless I would have licked the plate clean, sadly, I had to hold back.

oh ya, and we went to a MX super cross event too. Amazingly, I had fun at that too. Chris was happy cheek to cheek. Happy husband, happy wife. ;-) Happy wife, happy life.

2 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

Ok I'm kind of jealous! It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I'm so happy you got to do that!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great time. You deserved to take a break together! :)