Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cameron's a First grader!

Cameron started first grade this year and he is loving it so far. He is happy to be back in California close to family and familiar friends. He started school not a day too soon. Towards the end of summer break he start to keep a count down. Every morning began with the same question, "how many more days until I start school?" After about 10 mornings of the same question, Cameron and I made a count down on the calendar. It helped him out with his count down and Mom & Dad got to sleep in a bit more before
Cameron would come in after checking his calendar and exclaiming "Mom, Dad only 5 more days and I start school!" I hope this excitement lasts all the way to Senior year.




In the month of September they learned about Johnny Appleseed. They had an outdoor presentation and got to eat apple goodies, make apple crafts and eat apples grown on thier own trees on the school grounds. it was delicious.

This is Cameron and his buddy Owen. When we moved to NY for a while, he missed his buddy Owen and Owen's older brother Ethan. We were pleasantly surprised when I found out they would all be in the same school district and going to the same school. Sure, there are a few schools closer to us and I pass a few on the drive to drop him off but it's a small sacrifice Chris and I are willing to make. As you can tell he is happy to be with his friend again.
P.S. Owen is 1 1/2 months younger than Cameron, difference is his parents are much taller than Chris and I.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jodie said...

It's so bright and sunny there. I love California! I didn't realize Cameron was a small fry. We've GOT to come visit someday!